Sunday, February 26, 2006

2-26-06: Blues My Naughty Sweetie Gives to Me

Song: Blues My Naughty Sweetie Gives to Me
Artist: Sidney Bechet

Why we like this song: It's rough and mean and gritty and fun. I like the old ragtime-New-Orleans feel, and the way the song builds to Bechet's rough and mean and gritty and fun clarinet solo. It literally gives me goose bumps whenever I hear it...seriously, right now it's my favorite song. Paul and I found it after searching on swingdjs.com for some good Sidney Bechet music, and we have since heard it and witnessed some spectacular dances to it at dance events like ULHS in Minneapolis.
p.s.--This one should feel familiar to our dance students as it's the one we warm up to at the beginning of class!

4 Comments:

Blogger Peetski said...

Glad to see you guys sharing some music, that is awesome. I like your choices so far (this song especially!) I think though, that songs that are .m4p format are protected by iTunes so they can't be played on other computers. The easy, yet annoying way around this is to burn them on a cd and then re-import them as the file type of your choice - .mp3, .m4a, .aac etc. There used to be a cool program called ,jhymn that would UNprotect your files so that you could play them wherever you wanted, but it doesnt work for files purchased with iTunes 6.0 or higher (although maybe you can still clean up old purchased files). Enjoy your blogging! -P

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads up! We'll try that...
And again thanks for the music-blog idea!
Natalie

3:10 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

This is a great song! I'm so thrilled you've posted it. Now, if I could just remember that fun warm-up routine on my own! >-)

8:32 AM  
Blogger J. said...

Beautiful song...amazing swing...oh yeah!

Good job on the pick!

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home